The Charlotte Hornets (7-9) visit the Orlando Magic (7-10) at after Gordon Hayward scored 39 points in the Hornets’ 107-104 victory over the Magic. The game airs on FS-FL at 7:00 PM ET on Monday, January 25, 2021. The over/under is set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect data from FanDuel sportsbook as of January 25, 2021, 1:06 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Hornets vs Magic Betting Odds
Sign up for FanDuel Sportsbook here and get the best bonuses available anywhere!
Injury Report as of January 25
Jonathan Isaac: Out For Season (Knee),
Michael Carter-Williams: Out (Foot),
Chuma Okeke: Out (Knee),
Al-Farouq Aminu: Out (Knee),
Aaron Gordon: Out (Hip/back),
Markelle Fultz: Out For Season (Knee)
|Spread Pick||Magic (+1)|
|Prediction||Magic 109, Hornets 108|
The model leans slightly toward betting on the Magic in this one. The data favors them while FanDuel has the Hornets favored, but the difference between the two is only 1.8 points.
Click here for today’s NBA betting picks from our team of experts.
Hornets Key Players
Hornets Player Props
- Hayward’s points prop over/under for the game is set at 17.5, 6.6 points lower than his season average of 24.1.
- Bismack Biyombo’s rebounding prop total for the game is listed at 3.5 boards, 3.8 rebounds lower than his season average of 7.3.
- Terry Rozier’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.6 shots lower than his season average of 3.1.
- Biyombo’s blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.1 blocks higher than his season average of 1.4.
Magic Key Players
Magic Player Props
- Nikola Vucevic’s rebounding prop total for the matchup is posted at 11.5 boards, 0.5 rebounds higher than his season average of 11.0.
- Markelle Fultz’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 25.5, 4.1 higher than his season average of 21.4.
- Vucevic’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.2 shots lower than his season average of 2.7.
- Evan Fournier’s steals prop total for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.8 steals lower than his season average of 1.3.
- This season, the Hornets have a 45% shooting percentage from the field, which is 2.4% lower than the 47.4% of shots the Magic’s opponents have made.
- In games Charlotte shoots higher than 47.4% from the field, it is 5-2 against the spread and 4-3 overall.
- Orlando is 2-3 against the spread and 3-2 overall when allowing opponents to shoot higher than 45% from the field.
- The Magic are shooting 42.9% from the field, 2.2% lower than the 45.1% the Hornets’ opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Orlando has a 6-0 record against the spread and a 4-2 record overall in games the team collectively shoots better than 45.1% from the field.
- When Charlotte’s opponents shoot higher than 42.9% from the field, it is 6-1 against the spread and 5-2 overall.
- The Hornets shoot 36% from deep, 0.9% lower than the 36.9% the Magic allow to opponents.
- Charlotte has assembled a 7-2 record against the spread and a 5-4 straight-up record in games this season when the team makes more than 36.9% of its three-point shots.
- Orlando is 7-2 against the spread and 6-3 overall when its opponents shoot better than 36% from deep.
- The Magic’s three-point shooting percentage this season (33.6%) is 1.4 percentage points lower than opponents of the Hornets are averaging (35%).
- Orlando is 6-2 ATS and 5-3 overall when the team makes more than 35% of its three-point attempts.
- Charlotte has a 4-2 ATS record and a 4-2 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 33.6% from three-point distance.
- The Hornets’ 12.8 made three-pointers per game this season is two more made shots on average than the 10.8 per game the Magic allow.
- Charlotte has gone 5-3 against the spread and 5-3 overall this season in games it has out-shot its opponents from the three-point line. When Orlando makes fewer three-pointers than its opponents, it is 3-7 ATS and 3-7 straight up.
- The Magic make the 26th-most three-pointers in the league, while the Hornets give up the 27th-fewest makes from beyond the arc.
Hornets vs Magic Stat Rankings
|Hornets Rank||Hornets AVG||Magic AVG||Magic Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from